TaoTronics SoundLiberty 53 Wireless Earbuds 2020 Updated Review.
The TaoTronics SoundLiberty 53 (TT-BH053) are true wireless earbuds. And when you’re picking true wireless buds, you tend to have a different set of priorities. Here is a detailed review on the TaoTronics SoundLiberty 53 true Wireless Earbuds.
About TaoTronics SoundLiberty 53 Earbuds
TaoTronic’s previous truly wireless earbuds were already better than you can expect for $45. The company’s new SoundLiberty 53 earbuds sound better, last longer, and fit more comfortably—all for the same low price.
TaoTronic’s older, TT-BH052 truly wireless earbuds use Bluetooth 5.0 for long-range. They work in either dual- or single-bud mode and come with a case that charges your phone or other devices. And anyone can get behind a case that charges your earbuds 40 times.
They aren’t flawless, though. The sound is acceptable, at best, the case is bulky, and the fit isn’t perfect. Even with a tight seal, they occasionally fall out of my ears.
The newer SoundLiberty earbud set solves all of that. They sound better, last longer, fit more comfortably, and come with a slimmer case. But there are still a couple of sacrifices.
- CD-like Quality Sound TaoTronics SoundLiberty 53 offers a truly natural authentic sound and powerful bass performance with 6mm dynamic speakers and enhanced bass
- 40H Playtime Up to 5 hours playtime on one charge and a charging case holds multiple additional charges for up to 36 hours playtime Mini size charging case for easy storing in the pocket
- IPX7 Waterproof High-level water-resistant makes it suitable for sports to prevent water and rain Ideal for sweating it out at the gym or running outside
- Single/Twin Mode for All Occasions with built-in mic in each earbud you can use a single earbud for working or use the pair to enjoy music alone or share with a loved one
- Multifunction Touch Control Answer and hang up calls or access other functions by tapping on the earbuds instead of picking up your phone when it’s a few feet away
- Superior Audio Quality: 6mm dynamic speakers deliver clear audio sound
- Clear Talk Sound: Noise isolation blocks out environmental sound as much as possible
- Smart Touch Control: Answer and hang up calls or access other functions by tapping
- 40 Hours Playtime: 650mAh charging case to provide additional playtime
- Pocket-sized Charging Case: Shorter than a bank card, for easy storing in the pocket
- Secure Fit In Your Ears: Ergonomics design to reduce pressure and increase wearing comfort
- IPX7 Waterproof: Ideal for sweating in the gym or running outside.
Wireless Connectivity Strength
Liberty 53 connect with Bluetooth 5. Ensuring you’ve got Bluetooth 5 is often unimportant, but it’s a good idea for true wireless earbuds like these. Because it has a number of benefits aimed at improving the sync between the buds, and automatically connecting between the earbuds and your devices.
Those kind of quality of life improvements are worth their weight in gold. And anything compatible with at least Bluetooth 4.0 will be compatible with Bluetooth 5, so you don’t have to worry about your stuff struggling to make connections to these earbuds in most cases. Bluetooth 5 is fairly good at being backwards compatible.
The total connection distance runs out towards 33-feet. That’s perfectly average because it’s a bit more than the average person ends up needing. And if you don’t need to run much further, then you typically don’t want earbuds that run out to great distances. Because you’ll be paying for features you could care less about.
Once the case has been accounted for, you have around 40 hours of total playtime available, resulting from a pretty large 650mAh case. Each earbud offers around 5 hours of playtime. That’s about 20% higher than average compared to most similar earbuds. The average is much closer to 3.5 or 4-hours, depending on what you’re counting.
These earbud estimates always have to be taken with a grain of salt because the kind of playtimes you end up with depends on everything from the level of volume involved to the ambient temperature around you. But given volume levels set around 50%, and supposing that you’re not standing in an arctic forest during wintertime, the 5-hour estimate is actually close to home.
Theoretically, it could be possible to stretch the playtime out towards 75-hours, if you were always using these earbuds in mono-mode. That makes them an excellent choice for someone who wants to run mono earbuds, especially considering you’re not paying very much for that enormous battery capacity at all.
There are two sound modes: the single-mode and the twin mode. This is basically their fancy way of saying that these earbuds can be used in mono, each ran independently of each other. And neither earbud is the master bud, allowing for an equitable split. So when you’re really trying to stretch the battery capacity of your case, it’s much easier to do that without unnecessary recharges or listening breaks being involved.
These earbuds make use of tiny 6mm dynamic audio drivers. And they appear to be pretty run of the mill drivers, relative to their size. Since they’re a tiny on the small side, there are some limitations with respect to bass. They’ve compensated by artificially boosting the bass a bit, making these headphones suitable for both music and watching videos.
In general, these earbuds have a neutral soundscape, aimed at presenting tones in the clearest possible way. That neutral sound will make them a favorite for some people, while others will feel tempted to break out an equalizer to add some more bass. Though TaoTronics doesn’t include an onboard equalizer, it would be trivially easy to run an equalizer app with them.
Why Choose TaoTronics SoundLiberty 53 Wireless Earbuds?
The SoundLiberty 53 Wireless Earbuds are going to please a certain type of listener. For one thing, the battery inside each earbud feels like it lasts forever. Because even though they’re only running about 20% longer than many other earbuds, that bit of extra time feels like it makes a big difference.
The quality of their construction is generally good. You can pour water over them without concern. They’re even sturdy enough to survive a couple of accidental drops to the floor, especially thanks to their lightweight design. Their sound quality is pretty run of the mill for mid-range earbuds, but it’s also about right for this price.