StarTech VDSL2 Ethernet Extender Kit 2020 Detailed Review.
StarTech VDSL2 Ethernet Extender Kit: A normal Ethernet hard-wire connection has a distance limitation that’s roughly one hundred meters. This isn’t quite as long as most people often need it to be, this is why a lot of thought and development has gone into creating solutions for extending the abilities of Ethernet. StarTech, a manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts have come up with one of the most brilliant products in connectivity, the VDSL2 Ethernet Extender Kit.
The StarTech.com VDSL2 Ethernet extender kit lets you connect a remote network segment or device to your network, using RJ11 phone cable.
The network extender is a simple, reliable, and cost-effective solution for spanning your network across long distances. While maintaining high speeds, the extender also safeguards your investments by providing surge and ESD protection to your connected device.
Connects Equipment Over Longer Distances
The VDSL2 extender reduces the hassle of networking your devices or workstations by overcoming the 330ft (100m) distance limitations of common CATx Ethernet cable.
Now you can connect equipment at longer distances using existing RJ11 cable while still retaining 10/100Mbps fast-Ethernet speeds.
Perfect for connecting isolated terminals, kiosks, or server rooms using single pair copper wire such as telephone cable, the extender kit lets you transmit and receive data at distances up to 5000ft (1500m) at 17Mbps, or 1000ft (300m) at 100Mbps throughput.
Cost-Effective, Reliable, and Convenient
This handy extender helps you network separate buildings at the same location and saves you money. Using legacy plain old telephone service (POTS), you can deliver network access across an existing phone line infrastructure, which is perfect for older buildings.
Alternatively, you can couple the extender with a single point-to-point RJ11 cable, giving you more options for providing network connections in situations where standard CATx wired or wireless access is unavailable or unreliable.
All-In-One Solution That’s Easy To Use
A true out-of-the-box solution, the extender kit includes interchangeable transmitter and receiver units that are completely customizable using the integrated DIP switches. Setup is fast and you can be up and running with no software or driver installation required.
The 110VDSLEXT2 also features compact housing that’s perfect for desktop or wall-mount applications and is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Provide Ethernet over copper connectivity to a user or network segment that is in an isolated area of a large complex or in another building altogether
- Provide extended network connectivity to remote areas of stadiums, auditoriums, or other venues
- Industrial applications include controlling CNC machinery, polling bar code scanner data, administering process control equipment, and other harsh environment applications
- Monitor and control medical equipment, security keypads/card scanners, point of sale equipment.
- Remote sensor monitoring for traffic flow management (air traffic control, expressway flow)
- Allows network connectivity in buildings made of stone/concrete, or heritage buildings where new Ethernet cabling or wireless connections are difficult
- Simple plug-and-play installation with no software or driver installation for a hassle-free setup
- IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tag transparent
- Selectable CPE and CO mode via DIP switch
- Supports flow control for fast Ethernet (pause frame or back pressure)
- Allows for the ability to select fixed SNR margin (9 dB) or fixed target data rate
- Lightweight and compact design
- Supports both symmetric and asymmetric transmission
- Supports lifetime technical support
If you need to expand your network, the StarTech VDSL2 Ethernet Extender Kit is an excellent investment that provides both performance, reliability, and functionality.
The only potential downside is that the instructional/user manual that’s included in the box doesn’t really offer a lot of helpful information on the product itself. More information can be found on Amazon, or through the manufacturer’s website – so it’s definitely available.