Sengled Boost The LED Bulb That Boosts Your WiFi 2020 Detailed Review.
Sengled Boost The LED Bulb That Boosts Your WiFi: With the ingenuity of the Sengled Boost LED Bulb, you can say goodbye to internet black zones in your home. The range of your Wi-Fi is increased with each bulb you connect. And quite simply, more bulbs means more places to enjoy your experience without worrying about slower speeds.
Not forgetting, they are great at illumination too, so effectively, they kill 2 birds with one stone. The Boost affords Wi-Fi where you want and need it, combined with high-efficiency, dimmable LED light.
Each bulb you connect will increase your Wi-Fi range, ending internet dead zones forever. Enjoy your music, shows, and movies from almost anywhere in your home together with an iOS app for Wi-Fi setup and lighting control to keep your areas bright. It’s available in PAR38, A60/19, and BR30, bulb types.
How it Works
Say goodbye to internet dead zones for good. Boost gives you Wi-Fi anywhere you want, combined with dimmable, high-efficiency, LED light.
It also boosts securely increases your Wi-Fi network range so that you can enjoy your music, shows, and movies from almost anywhere in your house – along with an iOS/Android app for lighting control and easy setup.
Boost extends the range of your Wi-Fi signal to more than 100 feet with line of sight by connecting wirelessly to your home router.
- Supports 802.11 b/g/n @ 2.4GHz with 2×2 MIMO antenna array
- Security modes: 64/128 bit WPA-PSK/WPS2-PSK, WPA/WPA2
- Encryption modes: WEP64/WEP128/TKIP/AES
- 35 meters of range with near line of sight
- iOS/Android app for Wi-Fi set up and lighting control
- LED A19, BR30, and PAR38 integrated with Wi-Fi repeater
- Boost will connect wirelessly to the home router/gateway and increase the Wi-Fi signals to areas of the home where the signal is weak
- Wirelessly connects to your router and eliminates signal weak spots and dead zones for whole-home coverage.
- Setup, dimming, and on/off control for iOS/Android devices via an app.
- GU10 base and compact design accommodate a variety of installations.
- High efficacy LEDs, precision manufactured optics, high-efficiency driver.
- Superior thermal management for enhanced reliability and performance
Aside from the Boost LED Bulb is designed to extend the range of your home’s wireless network, it also provides 350 lumens of brightness, with a built-in Wi-Fi repeater that ensures the elimination of the Internet black zones.
Simply pop the bulb in and pair it with your network using the Sengled app on your smartphone (iOS/ Android), and even when the bulb is switched off, it’ll begin working its Wi-Fi magic.
Withholding the extra functionality, Sengled LEDs are dimmable through the Sengled app, but unfortunately, like most smart bulbs, not yet compatible with in-wall dimmer switches. While major third-party partners or integrations have not been announced, nothing’s been ruled out, either at this stage.
The new GU10-shaped Boost LED requires only 9 watts max to shine its light and boost your Wi-Fi, and the same as the rest of the Sengled lineup glows at a soft white color temperature of 2,700K. Availability is still unspecified, but we’ll definitely keep our eye out for this as the year progresses.
The solution: Boost, by Sengled, is a really good one. It’s an LED lightbulb with a Wi-Fi repeater built-in. Twist it into a normal household lamp (A19 bulb standard, and a few others for spots and floods), download the app (smartphones Android and iOS), and run it through a fairly child-proof setup process to connect it to your network at home. Hey Presto! You now have Wi-Fi extended through your entire house. It’s even dimmable (via the app).
The real test of a connected device like this is how easy it can be to set up and simply forget about it. We ordered it for ourselves and we were able to install and set up within 5 minutes. The bonus now is – we don’t even think about it. Our devices connect through the bulb when we’re in the far half of our house, without us even having to think about it. No muss, no fuss, brilliant!