Ring Pro Video Doorbell 2020 Detailed Review & its Benefits.
Ring Pro Video Doorbell: The Ring Video Doorbell Pro is a sleek smart doorbell that lets you see who is at your door in real-time, who came calling while you were away, and uses pre-buffering so you won’t miss a thing.
Whats the Ring Video Doorbell?
The Ring Pro captures video at 1080p and has a 160-degree field of view. It uses three infrared LEDs to provide up to 30 feet of night vision and has a built-in motion sensor, a microphone, a speaker, and an interior chime. The camera uses 802.11n circuitry (2.4GHz and 5GHz) to connect to your home Wi-Fi and requires a two-wire 16-24 volt power source (the same power source used for traditional doorbells). In addition to the camera, there’s a doorbell button on the face of the device surrounded by an LED ring that glows blue when the button is pressed. There are two terminals on the back and a setup button on the right side that you can get to by removing the faceplate.
What’s Unique about it?
When you press the doorbell button a chime sounds, the camera begins recording, and a push alert is sent to your phone
The Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell 3/3 Plus, and Ring Video Doorbell Pro are relatively similar in design; they’re all black and gray, with a camera at the top and an illuminated button beneath. The Doorbell 3 Plus is slightly larger than the Doorbell but otherwise identical. The Doorbell Pro is much smaller and thinner (as it doesn’t need to accommodate a battery).
Installation and Setup
Of all of the Ring’s video doorbells, the Ring Peephole Cam sports the simplest design and simplest setup. The device consists of two pieces: one that sits on the outside of the door, and one that you look through from the inside, connected through the peephole. It doesn’t require any tools or permanent modifications and should take only a few minutes.
Rather than selecting a variety of different motion zones like you had to do with the original, the Ring Pro allows you to create your very own custom-shaped zones. While you’re looking on screen at the view that the camera has, you can easily draw a variety of shapes to create your own specific zones, rather than pre-selected zones that don’t give as much flexibility. However, each zone can’t be adjusted for its own sensitivity so that you’re only alerted about what matters most.
Two Way Audio
Through the App, you can speak through to whoever’s at the door, and they’ll be able to communicate back to you. With a small integrated microphone and speaker, verbally speaking is easy and clear. They’ve even integrated some advanced noise-cancellation technology that filters out all of the unwanted background noises and gives you clear communication without distortion.
- 1080p HD video doorbell that lets you see, hear, and speak to people from your phone, tablet, or select Echo device. Includes privacy features, such as customizable privacy zones and audio privacy, to focus only on what’s relevant to you.
- Get notifications whenever motion is detected by customizing your motion zones.
- With Live View, you can check in on your home any time through the Ring app.
- Easily set up your Ring Video Doorbell Pro by connecting to wifi via the Ring app and mounting in your desired location.
- Connects to existing doorbell wiring for constant power. Requires a transformer (not included): 16-24VAC, 40VA max, 50/60Hz. No halogen or garden lighting transformers; no DC transformer/power supply.
- With a Ring Protect Plan (subscription sold separately), record all your videos, review what you missed for up to 60 days, and share videos and photos.
- Connect your Ring doorbell with Alexa to hear announcements on your compatible Echo device when your doorbell is pressed and see a live view of your camera if you have an Echo device with a screen. Talk to visitors by saying “Alexa, talk to the front door.”
- Access to recorded video costs extra.
- Some barrel distortion.
The Ring Video Doorbell Pro offers almost everything you’d want in a smart doorbell. It’s fairly easy to install, sports a slender design with interchangeable faceplates, and delivers sharp 1080p video day and night. As with the August Doorbell Cam Pro, the Ring Pro uses pre-buffering technology to show you what transpired prior to a motion trigger, and lets you view live video on an Amazon Echo Show device using Alexa voice commands.
THE BOTTOM LINE
The Ring Video Doorbell Pro is a sleek smart doorbell that lets you see who is at your door in real-time, who came calling while you were away, and uses pre-buffering so you won’t miss a thing.