Puro Sound Labs JuniorJams 2020 Detailed Review.
With ordinary earphones you risk little kids exposed to high rocking volume, which will eventually damage their eardrums and might lead to noise-induced hearing loss. In this article, we have made a well detailed review about Puro Sound Labs JuniorJams.
About Puro Sound Labs JuniorJams
Puro Sound Labs has been in the business since 2014. They released their first headphones, the BT2200, in 2014, and it won rave reviews from critics and listeners alike.
There’s a reason for this: they were the first well-designed kids’ volume-limited headphones on the market. Since then, Puro has expanded their lineup with several new headphones and accessories, and they released the JuniorJams in 2018.
These headphones are designed to prevent Noise-Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL), which is a condition where a person suffers partial or even total deafness from frequent exposure to loud noises.
Puro’s founder, Niki Russell, suffers from NIHL, which she developed during her childhood and teen years by listening to loud music constantly on her headphones. As an adult, she says, “I can barely hear my friends talking to me from across the dinner table.”
- HEAR TO PROTECT – Ordinary headphones let kids jam out at any volume, including dangerous ones. Over time, those rocking volumes damage their eardrums and can even lead to noise-induced hearing loss. Protect your kid’s hearing with JuniorJams, the headphones that limit harmful volumes over 85 dB!
- SOUNDS OUTSTANDING – Limiting the volume doesn’t mean suffering through poor sound quality. Puro Sound Labs kid headphones emit crystal-clear sounds thanks to their advanced sound-optimizing Puro Balanced Response Curve that isolates 87% of ambient noise!
- FEWER WIRES, MORE FREEDOM – Tired of tangled wires? Puro headphones for kids feature wireless Bluetooth v4.0 technology with a 30-ft. range! But don’t worry about frequent recharging because the lithium-ion battery has a working life of 22 hours.
- COMFORT THAT ADJUSTS – No matter how long people wear these teen and toddler headphones, they stay comfortable song after song. Plush vegan leather covers the ear cups and headband in softness while the durable yet lightweight plastic frame is flexible and adjusts to fit.
- THE PURO PROMISE – At Puro Sound Labs, we strive to provide hearing protection for kids without diminishing their listening experience. We promise that your JuniorJams Volume Limiting Headphones offer superior sounds with premium ear protection, and it’s all backed by a 1-year warranty.
Type of headphone: On-ear headphones
Volume limiting: 85 dBA sound Limit
Ambient noise reduction: 87% of noise
Wireless: Bluetooth® 4.0 wireless headphones
Wireless range: Up to 30 feet from Bluetooth® source
Battery life: 22 hours playback; 200 hours standby
Battery type: Lithium ion rechargeable
Drivers: 40 mm custom dynamic drivers
- Thick, padded head strap
- High-quality sound
- Volume limited to 85 dB
- Works wired or wirelessly
- Plenty of battery life
- Can daisy chain two pairs together
- Small size for adult heads
Battery & Features
These headphones offer 22 hours of battery life, assuming they’re running at maximum volume. Since your child or teen is probably going to use them at this level – which, let’s remember, is perfectly safe – 22 hours is a good benchmark for real-life performance.
If the battery should go dead, your kids can keep on listening, by using the included 3.5mm aux cable. Although in all honesty, how often are your kids going to go 22 hours without recharging?
Not only can these headphones be used for listening to music or watching a movie, they can also be used for hands-free voice calls. Any chatty teenager is going to love that feature, and it will get them used to hands-free devices for when they grow up.
The control scheme is relatively simple. There’s a simple on/off switch on the left headphone, with a three-button control on the right headphone. The top and bottom buttons control the volume. The center button is used for answering and hanging up, or you can tap it to skip to the next song if you’re listening to a music playlist.
One really neat feature of the JuniorJams is their daisy chaining technology. This innovative feature allows you to link two pairs of headphones together, so two kids can listen to the same audio.
You connect them with a 3 ½-foot USB cable, which comes with the headphones, so your kids will need to be sitting relatively closely together in order for this to be a viable option. Of course, you could always spring for a longer cable if you need to. Your connection to the audio source itself can still be either wired or wireless.
For parents, the 85 dB volume limit is an excellent feature, and kids will appreciate the fact that the volume limiting has no negative effect on the sound quality. The comfortable build is durable, and won’t dig into your kids’ heads even if they’re wearing them throughout a long road trip. They’re a bit tight for adults, but that’s to be expected on a set of kids’ headphones.
The daisy chaining feature is one that perhaps doesn’t get enough attention, and it should. If you have two kids and you’d like some peace and quiet on the road, they can share a pair of headphones, which means you won’t have to hear whatever they’re listening to. All in all, JuniorJams are a well-designed pair of headphones that are sure to be a favorite for years to come.