Polaroid Snap Touch Digital Camera 2020 Updated Review.
The Polaroid Snap Touch camera makes it fun and easy to snap, print, and share. Its built-in printer lets you share on the spot with high-quality, full-colour photos on adhesive-backed paper, without the hassle of ink and toner cartridges.
About Polaroid Snap Touch Digital Camera
Polaroid continues to offer the fun of an instant camera plus the advancement of digital photography with this white Snap Touch Instant Digital Camera. It offers the convenience of digital capture with the ability to produce a physical instant print, thanks to ZINK Zero Ink Technology.
The 13MP 1/3.2″ CMOS sensor works with a 3.4mm f/2.8 lens, equivalent to 25.8mm in 35mm terms, to provide users with a pocket-sized option and multiple photographic options. The 3.5″ touchscreen LCD on the rear of the camera makes framing, taking pictures and full HD 1080p videos even more convenient.
The Snap Touch includes a photo booth and burst mode as well as the ability to edit pictures through filters, borders, and digital stickers. An automatic timer in conjunction with the built-in selfie mirror allows you to take a confident selfie without the need for a retake.
A microSD card slot allows you to use a microSD card up to 128GB for image transfer, and a micro USB port and cable makes it easy to charge. Additionally, the camera is equipped with Bluetooth connectivity.
Printing is possible with ZINK Zero Ink Technology found in a few other Polaroid products. This camera shares many features with the Snap Instant Digital Camera and Zip Mobile Printer, including a print size of 2×3″, a print speed of under one minute, and the ability to hold up to ten sheets of ZINK photo paper. A built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery powers it.
- 3.5″ LCD touchscreen viewfinder
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Photobooth mode
- Burst mode
- Filters, borders, and digital stickers
- Self-timer & built-in selfie mirror
- Micro USB port
- MicroSD card slot
- Microphone & speaker
- The point, Shoot, Print Taking picture Perfect Snapshots is quick and fun; frame the shot using the touchscreen display, press the shutter button to capture the image, then print the photo and watch the memories come to life
- All in One Camera & Printer: From portraits to selfies, this Powerful 13MP Camera with a 3.4-millimetre lens captures every Detail and Prints in an instant without the need for film and toners; It also doubles as a camcorder, so taking 1080p/720p HD video is as a simple as the press of a button; The Camera also features a microSD card slot, so you can save Your pictures and Print them later
- Stunningly Vibrant Prints: Zink Zero INK Printing technology eliminates the need for ink and toners; The 2×3 inches sticky back paper Prints are Not only Colorful and true to life, but are Water-resistant, tear-resistant, Smudge Proof, and are dry to the touch
- Free Polaroid Mobile APP: Take Your photography to the next level by downloading the Free Polaroid app, compatible with iOS and Android; No computer connections needed: send Your Photos to a Smartphone via Bluetooth Connectivity and unlock all the editing features Polaroid has to offer; From stickers to filters to borders, photo editing options are easy, fun, and as endless as Your creativity
- Travel-Ready Design: The mini, Colorful, and pocket-sized design is Compact, super Portable and Perfect for anyone who loves to travel, blog, do DIY projects, or go on adventures; An Included wrist strap makes it easy to carry, whether you’re indoors, outdoors, at a party, or on vacation
The filters are certainly a great add on, but what truly separates the Snap Touch from every other compact camera on the market is the printer. Polaroid fuels its a printer with a unique type of paper called ZINK, which stands for “zero-ink”.
These little sheets actually contain three separate layers of chemically bonded dye. You can’t see it at first, but once the dye is exposed to heat, it changes colour. It’s also swift. Once you take a photo, you’ll have it in your hands in a few seconds.
The photos also double as stickers. Just peel off the back, and place them wherever you like. The prints actually look quite a bit better than you’d expect. The colours are vibrant, and the details are sharp. If you’re printing an unfiltered photo, they definitely lack the dynamic range that you’d get with an expensive SLR camera.
But when you print photos that have been filtered, the hazy look of the print becomes part of the charm. At 2 inches by 3 inches, they’re not exactly the type of pictures that you’d scrutinize. If you want photos that document rather than express, you’re better off getting full-size prints made from photos stored on the SD card. The 13MP sensor is more than capable of producing higher resolution prints, but you can’t take full advantage of this with the built-in printer.
Why Choose Polaroid Snap Touch Camera?
In a sea of copycats, the Polaroid Snap Touch is a breath of fresh air. Polaroid didn’t set out to make the next best point and shoot. They set out to design a camera that was fun to use and put a cultural icon in the hands of a new generation.
In this regard, they absolutely nailed it. You could compare its photos against one that outpaced it in every technical measure possible. We’d bet that you’d still find the Polaroids more pleasing to look at.
Printing is possible with ZINK Zero Ink Technology found in a few other Polaroid products. This camera shares many features with the Snap Instant Digital Camera and Zip Mobile Printer, including a print size of 2×3″, a print speed of less than one minute, and the ability to hold up to ten sheets of ZINK photo paper.