OontZ Angle 3XL Ultra Speaker by Cambridge 2020 Updated Review.
Bigger speakers can offer higher levels of performance. Choosing a portable Bluetooth speaker, the most important question you can ask yourself is “how much am I willing to carry?” So, in this article, we will be helping you make a choice, that is a review on the Cambridge Soundworks OontZ Angle 3XL.
About Cambridge Soundworks OontZ Angle 3XL Ultra
The Cambridge Soundworks OontZ Angle 3XL Ultra is the largest member of the OontZ series. It’s not quite large enough to use as the primary speaker within a home theater, but it’s close. The 3XL Ultra carefully rides the line between portability and power, and it makes excellent use of its size.
From its high wattage to its powerful wireless connectivity, almost everything about the 3XL feels like it’s a premium feature. While there’s many things to like, there’s no such thing as a perfect speaker. Different people have different audio needs, and there are always minor gripes to be had.
- Truly Exceptional Sound And Bass – Our Best-Sounding Speaker. We started with the outstanding audio performance and design of our OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA and made it bigger, better and more powerful with the PRO Edition. Engineered with 40% larger custom Neodymium drivers, for pure, crystal clear sound. The stereo enclosure has 2X the acoustic air space and a 30% larger passive bass radiator, for deeper and richer bass. Expertly balanced sound and adjustable Bass and Treble with the OontZ App.
- Louder Volume – The OontZ Angle 3 PRO features 50% more output power with our high performance 21-Watt Digital AMP. You can pump up the volume to fill even large rooms and outdoor spaces with high-quality sound and rich bass. Our Advanced Digital Signal Processor ensures incredibly accurate music playback that is distortion-free even at maximum volume.
- Totally Waterproof – Incredible 100 Foot Wireless Bluetooth Range – Ipx7 Waterproof Bluetooth speaker makes the perfect outdoor speaker for the pool and beach. Can be submerged in water up to 1 meter deep for up to 30 minutes.
- Play Up To 100 Feet Away From Your Device – Advanced antenna and Bluetooth 5.0 connects quickly to your Echo, Echo Dot, iPhone, iPad, smartphone, cell phones, tablet, MacBook, laptop and all other Bluetooth devices; and plays up to 100 unobstructed feet away
- Play Your Music To Two Oontz Angle 3 Pro Speakers – Wirelessly connect two speakers together to play music with awesome stereo separation from the Amazon Echo, Amazon Echo Dot, iPhone, iPad, Smartphone, Tablet; play music in Dual Stereo in two different areas up to 100 unobstructed feet apart. To play audio from a video your device or TV needs to be connected to the OontZ Angle 3 ULTRA PRO Edition Aux-In Jack using the 3.5mm audio cable.
- Play Up To 15 Hours At 2/3 Volume; OONTZ APP – Download the companion app to your iPhone or Smartphone to control the advanced functions and get the latest software enhancements;
- USB Power Port – iPhone charger and cell phone charger, charge your device with playing; BUILT IN MIC for talking to Siri on your iPhone; INCLUDES a Type C USB Charging Cable and a 3.5mm Audio Cable ……. The perfect gifts for women and gifts for men.
Unfortunately, the microphones used within the entire OontZ series are nothing to write home about. They’re not particularly worthy of scorn, they just happen to be terrifically average. Because this microphone takes advantage of Bluetooth 4.2, there’s a fairly high floor on the call clarity you end up with.
The microphone has a number of common call-based features. Music will automatically pause and resume when you receive, initiate, or end a call. You can even connect the speaker to interact with voice assistants, though native support for those kind of features is thin.
Internally, the OontZ Angle 3XL uses a pair of 2.75” stereo drivers manage both midrange and bass tones. They’re considerably larger than the drivers you typically find inside portable Bluetooth equipment, which often peaks closer to the 2” mark.
And as any quality Bluetooth speaker ought to be, the Angle 3XL Ultra is constructed with its own digital audio processor.
In addition to its stereo drivers, the Cambridge Soundworks Oontz Angle 3XL Ultra uses a pair of tweezers to handle the treble range. Independent tweeters are an essential component to creating higher degrees of greater clarity within the treble range. And they perform quite admirably, largely because great tweeters don’t require much power to create.
Rounding things out, the 3XL is built with three bass radiators, giving the bass performance a minor bump. While you need an independent subwoofer for truly deep bass, subwoofers are power-hogs. They’re also better off housed in their own chassis, allowing for a design-focused entirely on bass reverberation.
Nevertheless, having three bass radiators helps the 3XL produce fairly impressive bass. At least relative to a device without a subwoofer.
Who Should Choose Cambridge Soundworks Oontz Angle 3XL Ultra?
When you’re selecting a Bluetooth speaker, you generally want to choose one that’s about as large as you’re willing to carry. Bigger speakers like the Angle 3XL Ultra are simply capable of doing more. For evidence, look no further than its three bass radiators, independent tweeters, high-wattage design, and so forth.
The trade-off is simple. The 3XL isn’t nearly as portable as other speakers. Though its triangular design makes it easy to hold in one hand, and its weight is no more than four smartphones stacked together. If that’s portable enough for you, then the Cambridge OontZ Angle 3XL Ultra is probably an excellent choice.