Netgear CM700 32×8 Cable Modem Review 2021 Latest Updated Review.
The NETGEAR CM700 High-Speed Cable Modem provides a connection to high-speed cable Internet with speeds up to 1.4 Gbps. It is CableLabs certified DOCSIS 3.0 that is 32 times faster than 2.0 devices
Whether you are an individual who wants to enhance his/her internet connection, save some substantial amount of money, or just trying to make it harder for your ISP to spy on you, the prospect of purchasing your own cable modem is always an excellent idea.
Cable modems are fantastic devices that bring the connection to the internet faster as compared to their dial-up connection counterparts.
What’s more, they are relatively affordable, and this implies that they can potentially save you a few dollars in the long run.
One of the most notable improvements to the modem platform is perhaps the design. Right out of the box, it looks attractive thanks to its bright green LEDs, sharply angled lines as well as glossy triangular vent holes.
It is relatively larger, and this is because it is packed with incredibly powerful hardware which needs a bit of extra space.
It is good to note that this particular modem uses both sides for the cooling process and this implies that it should always be kept in an upright position.
This is because if you block the vents, you could somehow impact its performance.
The Setup Procedure
Many cable modem devices usually involve a more complicated setup process, a factor that makes them difficult to operate.
However, the Netgear CM700 is easy to set up and use, and you’ll only need to connect it to a power source, plug in your cable and Ethernet connection and then push the power button.
Again, this modem can automatically test and choose the best method of communication with your ISP, and this makes the whole setup procedure remarkably flawless.
Netgear CM700 Compatibility
This is an important factor to take into account when shopping for a new cable modem. While almost every modem can work with virtually every provider, there are always a few exceptions.
Thankfully, a significant number of cable providers have a page that shows the modems that can work with their services.
In this regard, the CM700 cable modem from Netgear follows the DOCSIS 3.0 standard to a T. If you didn’t know, this implies that it is virtually compatible with almost every ISP on the market.
Whether you are using a large or small internet provider, this particular device will always be compatible.
Many Netgear devices are certified to work with nearly every network provider, including Bright House Networks, Time Werner Cable, the XFINITY from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox as well as Charter, among others.
It is critical to mention that DOCSIS is the standard that is used by all cable companies to transmit data over the wires, and there are currently three distinct iterations: 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0.
This implies that if you purchase a cable modem which is DOCSIS 3.0, you are possibly getting the best performance-driven device, which relatively higher download speeds.
The Netgear CM700 cable is a typical high-speed modem and provides a connection to high-speed cable internet with speeds of up to 1.4 Gbps.
It utilizes the fastest communication technology out there, giving it an enormous bandwidth potential of 1.4Gbps. This means that you can download data at a rate of 175 MB every second.
At this speed, you can easily stream your 4K UHD content. It is equally ideal for high-speed online gaming.
- Highly compatible
- Highly efficient
- Easy installation
- Do not work compatibly with the following;
- Bundled voice services
- Reliable connection: The device can connect to high-speed internet of up to 1.4Gbps. When connected to a highly compatible and reliable ISP, you can download videos, files, etc. at speeds of about 175Mbps.
- It, however, supports Cable Internet Service plans of up to 500 Mbps.
- High Compatibility: The device is compatible with almost all ISPs as it trails the DOCSIS 3.0 ethics to a T. Meaning, it can work on Time Warner Cable, Cox, Bright House Networks, Spectrum, XFINITY from Comcast Charter, and more.
- Connectivity ports: Comes with a Gigabit Ethernet port connecting to a WiFi router or PC and also Cable/ coaxial port.
- Load Balancing: this modem device uses a powerful processor with the potentiality to handle relatively large loads with lots of ease. It comes with four self-governing cores, each dedicated to high operational throughput.
- Warranty: It comes with a fully supported 90 day warranty period, which allows you to receive replacement services or money refund to your product. Be keen to ensure they have this policy.
If you find this post interesting, kindly share with your friends.