LG 32MA70HY-P 32-Inch Monitor Updated 2021 Review.
LG 32MA70HY-P 32: When it comes to monitors and TV screens, we clearly have an obsession with size. Screens at sizes that once cost as much as a small car now likely cost less than the smartphone in your pocket.
DO you know you can get a very large TV screen at an affordable price? In this article, we have made a well-detailed review of the LG 32MA70HY-P 32-Inch Monitor.
About LG 32MA70HY-P 32-Inch Monitor
A 32-inch class (31.5″ measured diagonally) 16:9 monitor offers more than a 70% larger screen area vs. a 24-inch class monitor. That’s plenty of room for work on spreadsheets, editing documents, watching videos, viewing photos, and more.
No matter what connections the job requires, the 32MA70HY likely has it covered, for supreme workplace versatility. Display Port, HDMI, and D-Sub are all supported on this monitor.
Also, you should know that the applications you need most -spreadsheets, email, documents, and web browsing–can all be viewable in separate windows at the same time for more efficient multitasking.
Up to four different windows can be displayed at once, with 14 possible configurations including four different picture-in-picture choices.
Most users don’t think twice about their monitor technology, but industry professionals know that an IPS monitor is a must-have for color accuracy.
The LG 32MA70HY-P 32-inch Full HD IPS LED Monitor is large productivity-focused IPS monitor designed to maximize what you can do with a single monitor. Let’s take a look and see if this big screen will get to work for you.
- 32 inch full HD IPS monitor. Windows 10 compatible
- Inputs: Display port, HDMI, d-sub
- On-Screen control of monitor settings.With Stand (WxHxD)(inches) 28.6 x 19.4 x 8.1. Without stand (WxHxD)(inches) 28.6 x 16.9 x 3.7
- Screen Split 2.0 for multi-tasking. Video input – Signal input-15 pin D-SUB connector, HDMI connector. Input form-RGB Analog (0.7 Vp-p/ 75 ohm), Digit
- Vesa-compatible for wall mounting. VESA Size (inches): 7.9 x 3.9
There are things more in-depth you need to know about this LG monitor, most importantly the specifications.
- Display Type: LED-backlit LCD monitor / TFT active matrix
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Native Resolution: Full HD (1080p) 1920 x 1080 at 65 Hz
- Color Support: 16.7 million colors
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 28.6 in x 8.1 in x 19.4 in – with stand
- Horizontal Viewing Angle: 178
- Vertical Viewing Angle: 178
- Viewable Size: 31.5″
- Pixel Pitch: 0.36375 mm
- Panel Type: IPS
- Brightness: 250 cd/m²
- Screen Coating: Anti-glare, 3H Hard Coating
- Backlight Technology: LED backlight
- Manufacturer: LG
- Nominal Voltage: AC 120/230 V
- Frequency Required: 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption Operational: 33.2 Watt
- Power Consumption Sleep: 0.3 Watt
- Consumption (Off Mode): 0.3 Watt
- Compliant Standards: Plug and Play, FCC Class B certified, UL, cUL, EPA 6.0
- Flat Panel Mount Interface: 200 x 100 mm
- Image Brightness: 250cd/m2
- Type: LED-backlit LCD monitor
- ENERGY STAR Certified: Yes
- Tilt Angle: -5/+10
- Display Position Adjustments: Tilt
DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT
- Dimensions & Weight Details (With stand – width): 28.6 in – depth: 8.1 in – height: 19.4 in – weight: 14.3 lbs
Without stand – width: 28.6 in – depth: 3.7 in – height: 16.9 in – weight: 13.2 lbs
- Width: 28.6 in
- Depth: 8.1 in
- Height: 19.4 in
- Weight: 14.31 lbs
- Brand: LG
- Product Line: LG
- Packaged Quantity: 1
DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT (SHIPPING)
- Width (Shipping): 32.1 in
- Depth (Shipping): 5.5 in
- Height (Shipping): 20.1 in
- Weight (Shipping): 20.11 lbs
- Type: HDMI cable, VGA cable
DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT DETAILS
- Width: 28.6 in
- Depth: 3.7 in, 8.1 in
- Height: 16.9 in, 19.4 in
- Weight: 13.2 lbs, 14.3 lbs
SERVICE & SUPPORT
SERVICE & SUPPORT DETAILS
- Type: limited warranty
- Service Included: Parts and labor
- Full Contract Period: 1 year
- Type: DisplayPort, HDMI, VGA, headphones
LG 32MA70HY-P Enhanced Features
Aside from the large size, the LG 32MA70HY-P comes across as a fairly “no-frills” monitor. LG does look to take advantage of the large screen size and add some additional features to improve your user experience.
Science tells us that the blue portion of light contributes most to eye fatigue while also preventing our bodies from preparing for sleep.
This bad combination can lead to sleepless nights and tired eyes. Reader Mode lowers brightness and reduces the blue portion of the light emitted by the monitor.
This results in a bit of a dingy, yellowed look to your screen. Obviously, this wouldn’t be the right choice for an impressive picture or graphic work, but if you have a lot of reading to do you’ll soon adjust to the altered colors. You won’t notice it after long but your eyes will definitely thank you.
The biggest productivity feature comes from the highly configurable screen options. LG calls this Screen Split 2.0. While many power users elect to have two, three, or more monitors for maximum productivity, LG leverages the large screen to create a multi-monitor experience on one panel.
Through the convenient software-based control panel, you can configure up to four split screens in a variety of horizontal, vertical, or picture-in-picture options for a total of 14 possible configurations.
This means you can research and type without flipping windows, monitor multiple stock charts simultaneously, have multiple design tools open, or any other configuration you can imagine.
It’s always challenging to evaluate electronics at different price points. While more budget-friendly options lack the features of top of the line parts, most buyers just simply can’t or won’t pay for premium gear all the time. That said, we do always have to consider whether a product achieves its primary objectives.
In the case of the LG 32MA70HY-P, it’s a bit difficult to say. First, this monitor was never intended to be a flagship product. Releasing a 1920 x 1080 monitor into a 4K world makes it a clear value proposition.
If you find this article interesting, kindly share it with your friends.