How to Download VIBER App for Android and iOS Devices Free | The Unsurpassed Beginner’s Guide to VIBER Mastery.
VIBER is a completely free instant messaging and voice over IP (VoIP) application software. It allows users make calls as well as send text, photo, and video messages to other Viber users free of charge.
Here in this article, we’ve made our complete VIBER Guide, to help you navigate and get the most out of VIBER and also to walk you through every feature, step by step. Including how to download and get started!
How to Get Started on VIBER
Getting started on VIBER, you’ll need to;
- First, download VIBER to your device.
- Create a free account for VIBER.
- Sign in to VIBER and begin the ride
How to Download VIBER App for Android and iOS Devices Free
The VIBER application is free to download, but mobile operator charges may apply if you use a mobile data connection. VIBER supports all Android phones and tablets as long as they meet the minimum requirements. VIBER for Android is available in Google Play, App Store for iOS devices.
How to Set Up a VIBER Account
- Open the app
- Select Continue
- Enter your phone number, Tap Your Country to choose your country code from the drop-down list. Enter your phone number (without spaces, leading zeros (0), or exit codes)
- Check your number is correct and tap Yes
How Do I Activate VIBER on My Device?
On Android you can activate with either a phone call or by SMS.
Activate By Call: Receive an automated call with your access code. Once the call has connected to your phone (started to ring), it will automatically hang up and input the code. Don’t answer the activation call.
Activate By SMS: Receive an SMS with an access code. Type the access code into the Viber setup screen. Enter your info to log in or log in with Facebook
On iPhone you can activate Viber with an access code sent to you either by SMS or in a call.
Activate By SMS: Viber will send you an SMS with your access code. Type the access code into the Viber setup screen.
Activate By Call: Be ready with a pen and paper to write the code down. You can only receive a code in a call once in 24 hours. To get an automated call,
- Tap on Activate via call
- Answer the call you receive, and write down your code.
- Type the code in the registration screen. Enter your info to log in or log in with Facebook.
Congratulations! You have just completed the process for creating a VIBER account.
Using Viber on a Smart Phone
After you might’ve completed the process of installation and setting up your account, Tap the Contacts button to see all of the people in your phone’s contacts who currently use Viber. Tapping on a contact will give two distinct options.
- Free Call
- Free Text.
Selecting either of these options will automatically begin a call or a text conversation with that person.
Making a Call on Viber
- Tap on a contact and choose Free Call to begin a voice call
- Select Keypad to manually enter a telephone number of another Viber user.
Texting with Viber
Do well to select everyone in your contacts list who you’d like to include and then tap Done. Selected contacts will be displayed at the top of the screen, as well as show red checks by their names. Tap “More” to modify settings, invite friends to Viber, and change the privacy settings associated with the app.
How Do I Create a Group Chat in Viber?
- Open “Viber
- Go to the chat list
- Tap the “Group Conversation” button.
- Select the people you want to include in the group chat.
- Tap on “Done.
Start the Chat: Type in your message and tap the paper plane icon on the right side to send it. Wait for the other members of the group chat to respond.
Add Participants: Tap the “Options” button by tapping on the gear icon on the upper-right corner of the chat window, and the options will slide out from the right.
- Next, tap on “Add Contacts.” Just scroll down to the “Participants” section and repeat steps 4 and 5 to add the participant you want.
How to Block Mobile Numbers in Viber
If you are in any way disturbed or become annoyed by constant notifications on Viber, you’re in luck. While Viber’s desktop program doesn’t allow users to block contacts, you can easily do so from within the mobile app’s settings menu!
- Tap your “Viber” app.
- Tap the “More” option.
- Tap “Settings”.
- Tap “Privacy”.
- Tap “Block List”.
- Tap “Add Number”.
- Tap the name of a contact.
- Tap “Done” in the top right corner of your screen.
Your selected contact(s) should now be listed in your Block List! If you want to unblock someone in your Block List, tap “Unblock” to the right of their name.
How to Hide and Unhide Message/Chat in Viber
- First open the Viber and go to Chat screen
- Find the chat you want to hide
- In iOS devices: Swipe the chat to the left and click Hide (Call, hide and delete option will come)
- In Android devices: Press and hold the chat (A dialogue box will appear with two options- Delete chat and Hide chat )
- Now click on Hide chat. (Another dialogue box will appear asking you to set the 4-digit secret PIN.
- Enter the 4-digit secret PIN and you will no longer see that chat/message in Chat screen
How to Find a Hidden Message/Chat
- First open the Chats Screen
- Go to search bar and enter 4-digit PIN (You can even enter the name of the chat)
- You will see that hidden chat, click on it and enter the 4-digit PIN to enter into message.
How to Un-Hide Message/Chat:
- First open the Chat
- Swipe left or Select the gear icon (which is on the top-right corner of the chat screen)
- Scroll down and find Unhide this chat option
- Now select ‘Unhide this chat’ option and enter that 4-digit PIN or scan your Touch ID
- Chat will once again be visible in your chats screen.
How to Know If Someone Has Blocked You on Viber
- Go to your Viber group chat.
- Look for the contact you suspected.
- Send a message to the contact.
- Check to see if your message was seen after some hours.
- Check if the person is active in the group. If he replies to their messages but not yours, you have been blocked.
It’s always our excitement, hearing from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please use the comment box below.
Hope this article was helpful, Please do well, to share this post via your Social Network accounts Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google plus etc. with Share button below.
Source: Techzafo Limited