Etekcity ESF00+ Smart Fitness Scale 2020 Updated Review.
With a traditional scale, it’s easy to track your weight. You can even do a little math and figure out your BMI and estimate your body fat percentage. But even though these calculations are easy, it’s a pain to do them every day or every week. Here we have made an updated review on Etekcity ESF00+ Smart Fitness Scale.
About Etekcity ESF00+ Smart Fitness Scale
This device is designed to pair with the VeSync smartphone app, which keeps all of your results in the same place. It tracks your BMI, bone and muscle mass, as well as a rough approximation of your body fat percentage, and much more.
The Etekcity ESF00+ WiFi Smart Scale has an oblong design, with sides that measure 14.8 inches in width and 11.8 inches long. This makes it large enough for most people to stand on comfortably, without being so large as to obstruct your way around your bathroom.
The frame itself is constructed from rugged aircraft grade aluminum, with a white ABS outer shell that’s attractive and smooth. The top surface is covered with tempered glass, which is tough enough to stand on while still being exceptionally easy to clean. You’ll be able to wipe away footprints with just a spritz of glass cleaner and a paper towel.
The digital display is a long, black oval that is oriented vertically between your feet. At the bottom of the display, a row of bars provide a quick, color-coded assessment of your physical condition: orange for underweight, green for ideal, and red for overweight. Over that, you’ll see all of your specifics: BMI, bone, muscle, fat, and water content, and, of course, your weight. At the very top, a series of familiar icons will show when the scale is connected to Bluetooth or WiFi, and you’ll also see your current battery level.
- Track Your Progress: Download the free VeSync app and sync your fitness data with Apple Health, Samsung Health, Google Fit, and Fitbit. Track the subtle changes of body compositions with the weekly, monthly and yearly trend charts in VeSync
- Instant Connectivity: Connect the scale with your phone via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Once the Wi-Fi is set up, your weighing data will automatically sync to VeSync, without having to have the phone nearby
- 12 Essential Measurements: The most advanced BIA technology calculates 12 helpful data including Weight, Body Fat, Body Water, Muscle Mass, Bone Mass, Protein, BMR, Metabolic Age, Visceral Fat, Subcutaneous Fat, Fat-Free Body Weight, and BMI
- High-Accuracy & USB Charging: 4 high-accuracy sensors deliver precise weight measurements up to 400 lb / 180 kg in 0.1 lb / 0.05 kg increments. Instead of using batteries, this smart scale is rechargeable. Charge for 2 hours and use for half a year
- Extra Large Platform & Display: The enlarged scale platform (14.8” x 11.8”) made with 8mm ITO coating tempered glass and the bottom pads ensure absolute stability and comfort; All your results are easily accessible and neatly organized on the big LCD display (8.5”x 2.2”) made of VA material, which makes it clear and readable at all angles
Using the App
As you’ve probably gathered, the app and integration are the most attractive features of the Etekcity ESF00+ scale. After all, without these features, it’s just an ordinary electric scale with a fancy display. So, how well does the app work?
To start with, you’ll need to install the VeSync app, which is specifically designed by Etekcity for their products. It’s available for free in both the Apple Store and Google Play, and installation takes less than a minute on any modern smartphone or tablet.
If you’ve never used the VeSync app before, you’ll need to create a new account. This requires only an email address, and not a phone number. Simply click on the verification link in your email, and you’re ready to go.
Once the app is set up, you’ll need to sync your scale with your account. In the app, click the “Devices” button, press the plus symbol, and you’ll see a list of compatible Etekcity devices. Choose “Scales” from the list, and once again you’ll see a list of compatible scales.
Choose the WiFi Smart Scale from the list, and the app will prompt you to step on the scale to turn it on. Obviously, you’ll need to make sure you’ve charged your scale before you do this. Once you’ve stepped on the scale, the app will verify that the scale is synced, and you’ll be ready for the next step.
Before we wrap up, let’s take a quick peek at the ESF00+ Smart Scale’s overall specs and stats. Here are the basics:
- 400-pound weight capacity
- 8.2-inch display screen
- Connects over WiFi and Bluetooth
- 1,000 mAh battery – lasts 12 months, charges in 5 hours
- Tracks BMI, bone mass, muscle mass, and water and fat percentage of body weight
- Works with the free VeSync app
- Measures 14.8 x 11.8 inches
- Weighs 9.2 pounds
One thing that all good smart home devices share in common is that they make your life easier. Clunky interfaces, poor connectivity, and time-consuming setup will quickly cause a device to go the way of the dodo.
What we found with the Etekcity ESF00+ WiFi Smart Scale, on the other hand, was a well-engineered piece of equipment that has an easy-to-use app. Connectivity is a breeze, with the ability to transition seamlessly between WiFi and Bluetooth.