Best WiFi Smart Pet Feeder Latest 2020 Updated Review.
You are currently in the market for the Best WiFi Smart Pet Feeder your money can buy. But, you don’t really know which to get. In this article, we have made a guide on how to pick the best Best WiFi Smart Pet Feeder available.
Smart Pet Feeder
Smart pet feeders are the perfect solution for those of us who spend a lot of time outside of the house. These handy little devices will automatically deliver a portioned amount of food at set intervals. This allows you to control your pets diet while making sure that they’re regularly fed.
Not only do these programmable smart feeders let pet owners set multiple meal times, it also lets pet owners adjust the meal portions so their pet get the right amount of food at the right time, every time. If you are new to smart feeders, here are some basic features to expect and additional advanced features that makes it complete.
- Connect remotely via WiFi using mobile app to program the smart feeder
- Schedule multiple meal timed for each day to establish a routine feeding schedule for the pet
- Set voice alert to call the pet to meal with a short voice recording
- Set the food portion for each meal ensuring that your pet is not over fed or under fed
- Get notifications of feeding time on the mobile
- Get alerts for when the food level is low on the mobile
Slow feed mode: dispenses food slowly over 15 minutes ensuring that the pet do not gobble up all the food only to throw it all out next minute. It also stops the pet from getting bloated.
Variable portion control by meal time: means apart from setting the number of times the pet is fed in a day, the food portion can also be controlled. It can be set to the same portion for every meal or change from meal to meal. It may be that after learning about the pet’s eating habit, less food or more food is needed at different times of the day time. These smart pet feeders allow for such a tweak.
Portion recommendation: is available on the app on some smart pet feeders. Simply enter the breed, age, weight and how active the pet is into the app and it will suggest the amount of food it needs. This takes out the guess work when setting the right food portion and ensures that one does not over feed or under feed their pet.
Web camera and 2-way voice chat: support with on-board camera, speaker and microphone allow pet owners to check-in and communicate with their pet. Wide angle camera lets them see their pets with live video streaming to their device.
The camera usually supports High Definition (HD) for sharper and more detailed images and video. More advanced camera come with night vision support to let the the owner look for their pet even in the dark.
Social Sharing: Use the camera and app to take photos or record videos to save on the mobile phone or to share with others on social media.
Best WiFi Smart Pet Feeder
1. PetSafe Smart Feed Automatic Dog and Cat Feeder
- Feed from your phone: Feed your pet anytime from your smartphone with the smart feed app; App requires an iPhone or iPod device iOS 9.0 or later, or a compatible Android smartphone 6.0 or later
- Personalize your pet’s meals: Schedule up to 12 meals for your dog or cat; The feed Now option allows you to feed your pet in addition to the scheduled meal times; Dry food only
Buy on Amazon
Battery backup: There’s an optional battery backup available. Your pet will get fed even if the WiFi signal in your house drops.
Optional Feedings: Add extra feedings at any time outside of your scheduled feedings.
Pet-proof design: Your pets can’t sneak into the smart feeder for extra food.
Food tracking: Unfortunately, it doesn’t tell you how much food is left in the feeder.
Wifi connectivity: The feeder has difficulties reconnecting when a WiFi signal is lost.
2. Petnet Smart Feeder (2nd Gen)
- SMARTPHONE CONTROLLED: Control your pet’s daily feeding times anytime, anywhere – using your iOS or Android smartphone. Requires a wireless router 2.4GHz (802.11b/g/n)
- PERSONALIZED MEAL PORTIONS: Use the Petnet App to tell us about your pets breed, age, weight and activity level and we’ll recommend personalized meal portions.
Buy on Amazon
Notifications: Get alerts when your pet has been fed as well as if there were any issues during a feeding. You’ll even get a notification when it’s time to clean the pet feeder.
Portion control: Take control of your pet’s health with specially designed portion sizes determined through the app.
Multiple pets: The mobile app is designed to support only one pet at a time.
Cleanliness: The smart feeder is hard to fully clean.
3. Petzi Treat Cam
- A fun and easy way to connect with and treat your pet from anywhere
- Watch the excitement on your pet’s face when you pop in
Buy on Amazon
Photos: Everyone loves taking photos of their dogs and cats.
Customer support: Petzi offers fast and reliable support for its products.
Multifunctional: You could also use the Treat Cam as a home security camera.
Treats: You are limited to using only small, round treats in this smart feeder. Other treats tend to get stuck.
Audio: Unfortunately, the audio is only one way. You can talk to your pet, but you can’t hear them.
4. Petcube Bites Pet Camera
- TREAT YOUR PET REMOTELY: Fling treats at varying distances or schedule automatic treating from the Petcube App. Compatible with a variety of dry, crunchy dog and cat treats. Up to 2lbs treat capacity. Wellness dog treats are included.
- MONITOR 24/7 FROM YOUR PHONE: With Petcube Bites Wi-Fi pet cam, check on your pet day or night with clear 1080p HD video, 138° wide-angle view, and night vision. See up close with 3x zoom. Get sound and motion alerts.
Buy on Amazon
Audio: Two-way audio to communicate with your pet
Treat dispensing: Flings treats with varying distances
Cloud capability: View the last 4 hours of video of your pet via the Cloud.
Alexa: The Petcube Bites Pet Camera is compatible with Alexa.
Limited use: Use of the feeder is only accessible through thePetcube app and Alexa.
Treat flinging: Some pets do ok with this, but other pets may be scared when treats are launched. Cats are less inclined to enjoy this feature.
Treats size: Odd-shaped treats may get stuck in the feeder, which can’t be fixed until you are home. You’re limited to certain types of treats because of this.
5. Arf Pets Automatic Feeder
- Automatic Food Dispenser Makes Feeding Hassle Free for Pets’ Dietary Health & Wellbeing
- Dispense from 1-10 Portions Per Meal, Each Portion is 24ml, Set Up to 4 Daily Distribution Alarms; Simply Pick Your Portion Size & Unit Dispenses Dry Meals
Buy on Amazon
Schedule: This is a perfect choice for health-conscious pet owners as it allows pets to stay on their diets when you are away.
Feeding size: It can dispense between 1 and 10 portions of each meal.
Smart design: It has a Magnetic lock lid to keep pets out and food fresh.
Light up LCD clock: I’m not sure why you would need a clock on a feeder being used while you aren’t home.
Inconsistency: Reviews show that serving sizes can be inconsistent.