Best Outdoor Bluetooth-Connected Locks 2020 Updated Review.
You are currently in the market for the Best Outdoor Bluetooth-Connected Locks your money can buy. But, you don’t really know which to get. In this article, we have made a guide on how to pick the best available in the market.
Outdoor Bluetooth-Connected Locks
Bluetooth Padlocks are a fairly new addition to the smart home ecosystem, but they are indispensable for controlling who has access to sensitive areas in your home or office.
Whether you’re limiting lab access to a select group of employees, or just looking for a more convenient way to access your gym locker, check out our picks for the best Bluetooth padlocks.
But when it comes to outdoor locks, Bluetooth is even more impressive. How many times have you been unable to open up your garden padlock because you couldn’t remember where you put the key? Or trying to remember the combination for a lock you only open once in a blue moon?
Even worse, think of all the bikes we’ve seen, long forgotten, chained to some object the owner clearly didn’t intend to make permanent. Bluetooth locks are able to address all of these problems. Today, they’re more plentiful and affordable than ever. Let’s take a look at the best ones on the market.
Master Lock Bluetooth Outdoor Padlock
Anyone who’s attended public school is familiar with Master Lock. While they’re known best for securing the lockers of schools everywhere, their product range is much more diverse than that.
They make everything from high security industrial locks to affordable suitcase locks. With years of experience as Americas number one padlock manufacturer, it’s no surprise they decided to try their hand at a Bluetooth enabled model.
- For indoor and outdoor use; all-weather lock is best used for residential gates, sheds, garages, outdoor storage lockers and tool chests
- Use your smartphone to unlock Bluetooth padlock, or enter directional code on lock keypad for easy backup entry when your smartphone isn’t present (Wi-Fi connection is not required to operate)
- Share temporary or permanent access via Bluetooth or keypad code with invited guests , monitor activity, and receive tamper and low-battery alerts all from your free Master Lock Vault Home app for Android and iOS. Designed for personal use, supporting up to 10 locks
- Padlock includes a 2-piece weather cover, metal body construction, boron Carbide shackle, and anti-shim locking mechanism for improved strength, security, and weather resistance; Plus military-grade Bluetooth authentication and encryption
- 2-7/32 in. wide lock body; 11/32 in. diameter shackle with 2 in. length, 15/16 in. width; extended length shackle for application flexibility
- For answers to frequently asked questions, troubleshooting, and technical support, see document titled User Guide in the technical specifications section of this page
- 1/21/20 app update: Master Lock launched Master Lock Vault Home to replace Master Lock Vault eLocks. Master Lock Vault Home features an enhanced user experience, improved functionality, and allows you to import your locks and guests from your current account
Nulock Keyless Bluetooth Lock
Nulock isn’t the most famous company on the market, but they’ve certainly made a statement. With their keyless Bluetooth lock, they’ve managed to take all the convenience of the system and add on an additional layer of security. If you’re worried about bike theft, this is hands-down the lock to get.
- CONVENIENCE: keyless, no combos, Apps work for Both iOS and Android (make sure the screws for the battery cover are tightened and pressing lock button before pairing with the phone). With QR on our 15″ cable version, you can also use it on Frekis platform with extra features: Geotagging or GPS location recording when connected, bike sharing or cycling data (can only be used with one app at a time either Frekis or Solebe).
- ALARM: Vibration, breakage, disassembly and cable clipping triggers alarm at 110db to deter thieves or burglary (vibration alarm will NOT work when the owner’s phone is connected to the device.Please buy or use it only after you have read our operation instruction carefully)
- ROBUST: 7 braided steel (each is made of 19 braided steel) combined with rust-protective vinyl increase cut resistance for a long time use. Braided Cable is 0.4″ in diameter and 15″(optional 31″, 47″ or 71″ long cables are available in variation listing) in length works for bikes, motorcycle, gate, garbage can, patio grill, outdoor furniture, propane tank, recreational or generator locking etc.
- WATERPROOF CERTIFICATION: IP44 (Splash resistant) certified and Operates in temperatures between -14 to 140 Fahrenheit
- LONGEVITY: 3 “AAA” batteries are included which lasts for 5 months use (Opened twice, daily). Low battery indicator in the app will warn you low battery when power is less than 20%.
Although they focus exclusively on Bluetooth products, Noke is more than just a one trick pony. They’re currently focusing on a number of popular consumer products, taking something simple and making it even easier with the inclusion of powerful Bluetooth radios. While they’re still a new company, they’ve still managed to draw attention to their business through high quality consumer goods.
Of all the Bluetooth locks we’ve used, the Noke Padlock has the best app we’ve seen. The interface isn’t just easy on the eyes, it’s easy to use too. Adding the lock to your phone is a simple two-step process. Open the app, and wait for it to detect nearby devices.
Then, you pick a name for it. There are plenty of pre-filled fields for things like your locker, shed, bike, and more. When you open the app, you’ll see a large grid that shows you all the locks you’ve got. If a lock is in range, you’ll see a big green button on the right you can tap to unlock it.
It really couldn’t be any more intuitive. The lock itself has a simple, plain design. The only indicator on the front is a slim blue LED that lets you know it’s locked and has a battery. If you want to unlock it without your phone, you can do so with a simple tax code.
It works a bit like morse code, of the secret knock you used to use at your best friend’s house when you were young. You can pick that code yourself, or choose a pre-filled one. Would-be thieves won’t even know that there is an alternative method of opening the lock.
Which Outdoor Bluetooth-Connected Locks Should I Own?
Trying to decide which one is for you? Depending on what you want, each of these locks has some unique features that you might appreciate.
Our first recommendation would be the Master Lock Bluetooth Outdoor Padlock. This solution is meant for mission critical situations. Its reserve battery means that even if you’re caught without any power, you can still get into your lock. But the built in low-battery notifications means that this will likely never be needed.
For style and simplicity, the Nulock Keyless Bluetooth Bike Lock is one of our favorites. It’s easily the most attractive product on our list, and the unique tap to open system is simple to use and effective security.
Of course, if you’re security a bike you’re going to want to use a chain. No matter how advanced your lock is, the chain will always be the weak point. In this case, the Noke Padlock is the only one on our list that includes a vibration sensor to prevent thieves from trying to cut through it. Overall, these high-tech locks have added a whole new layer of security to the things we care about.