Best External USB Powered Cooling Fan 2020 Updated Review.
It’s no secret that computers and electronics tend to heat-up over time, especially when placed in environments that aren’t always ideal. Often times, placing a router, modem, printer, computer, AV receiver, game console or any other device within a cabinet or closed space can create a massive amount of stale, warm air with little to no airflow.
As you may already know, stagnant air tends to warm up quickly over time and can create a more difficult environment that’s counteractive for any scenario. Now this is where the need of a cooling fan comes into play. In this article, we have made review on the Best External USB Powered Cooling Fan.
Thermaltake Mobile Fan
Available in both 12 centimeter (120mm) and 8 centimeter (80mm) diameter sizes, the Thermaltake Mobile Fan is known as a convenient cooling solution for the mobile users. However, with a USB-powered connection, it can be used for virtually any application where a USB port is available. Producing a decibel from 19 to 33.5 decibels, it’s incredibly quiet too.
One thing that we really love is the one-touch retractable USB power cable box that it comes included with. It’s a small addition that automatically coils up and contains the extended USB cable when it’s not in use, and also extends to the proper, ideal length every time you put it to use.
- Provide a powerful, portable, fan solution with the Thermaltake Mobile Fan III Series. Available in black or white, experience a smooth cooling breeze with adjustable options to control speed or direction.
- Powered by USB with a small footprint design, deliver an ideal cooling solution for day to day use and cool all your life! Power Consumption: 1.05 W.
- Adjustable Fan Speed Control: Fan Diameter: 80.0 mm Blade Span. Minimum Speed: 1500 rpm. Maximum Speed: 1500 rpm.
- Directional Fan Swivel: A 8cm VR Fan can be adjusted between 1500rpm to 2500 rpm
- Mini-USB to USB Retractable Cable: Power by a retractable mini-USB cord, good cable management.
- 2 years warranty.
AC Infinity Multifan S3
Another great option that’s worth considering is the AC Infinity Multifan S3. Available in a variety of sizes, we’re going to go over the 12 centimeter (120mm) version since it’s the most commonly used size.
Although it doesn’t have an adjustable stand like the Thermaltake Mobile Fan, it features a variety of silicone rubber feet on each corner so it can be placed flat and simultaneously avoid friction and vibrations that can cause unwanted grey noise and fit within tight spaces. With a maximum of 23 decibels, it’s naturally incredible quiet too.
- Ultra-quiet UL-certified USB fan designed to cool various electronics and components.
- Features a multi-speed controller to set the fan’s speed to optimal noise and airflow levels.
- Dual-ball bearings have a lifespan of 67,000 hours and allows the fans to be laid flat or stand upright.
- USB plug can power the fan through USB ports found behind popular AV electronics and game consoles.
- Fan Size: 4.7 x 4.7 x 1 in. | Airflow: 52 CFM | Noise: 18 dBA | Bearings: Dual Ball
Coolerguys 120mm USB Fan
As one of the quietest and complete options available, the Coolerguys 120mm USB Fan comes as a total kit for installing and mounting it within a cabinet or enclosed space. Producing only 19.7 decibels and generating 44 CFM of movement, it’s not the absolute best in terms of airflow, but in terms of airflow related to noise, it may be the best.
Included with an acrylic bracket, metal bracket, mounting screws, zip ties, grill and every necessary component, it’s an ideal option for those needing a custom-like fit in a variety of environments.
The instructions clearly go over certain recommendations as far as installation goes, but the entire mounting process is geared towards the handy enthusiast who wants to attach it within a cabinet, box, or other enclosed space.
- Extremely Quiet 1200RPM Fan
- Rubber feet included so you won’t scratch any component
- 120mm back finger grill pre-installed.
- USB Powered
- 2ft USB cord
Upgrading your home theater system, gaming cabinet, computer, router, or other electronic devices with an external USB powered cooling fan is a quick and easy way to promote proper airflow where it’s needed most. They offer an inexpensive and simple upgrade that assures increased longevity and imporved performance for a variety of situations.
Although they’re not all created equally, we’ve gone over a few of the best, stand-out options that make great investments. They’re quiet, built to last and ready for countless hours of constant operation without any malfunction.