ARRIS Surfboard SBG7600AC2 Router Combo 2021 Detailed Review.
With DOCSIS speeds up to 1.4 Gbps and Wi-Fi speeds up to 2350 Mbps, the SBG7600AC2 offers more speed, more network capability and faster streaming and downloading throughout your home. In this article, we have provided for you a well detailed review on the ARRIS Surfboard SBG7600AC2.
About ARRIS Surfboard SBG7600AC2
Power your network with speed and performance with a space-saving all-in-one device!
The SBG7600AC2 combines a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem and an 802.11ac Wi-Fi router with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports, in one, powerful device.
With 32 downstream and 8 upstream channels, it is perfect for gaming, streaming and sharing. No more managing multiple devices. The all-in-one SBG7600AC2 fits nicely into any home office and saves you money on monthly modem rental fees.
The ARRIS Surfboard series always had their own distinctive style. Unfortunately, the SBG7600AC2 largely lacks that style. It looks more like an ordinary home router than almost any other Surfboard.
It only retains a glimmer of that distinctive style when you turn to its backside. From a hardware perspective, this router is a continuation of the widely popular SB6121.
- DOCSIS Cable Modem, AC2350 dual-band Wi-Fi, 4 port Gigabit Router (cable digital voice service not supported)
- Compatible with major U.S. Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others. Cable internet service required. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers.
- 32 downstream & 8 upstream channels. Best for cable internet speed plans up to 600 Mbps.
- Wave 2 AC2350 dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi Router with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Setup and manage your network with the SURFboard Manager app
- 3 Products in 1 Device: DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, Wave 2 AC235 Dual Concurrent Wi-Fi, 4-Port Gigabit Ethernet Router
- Wi-Fi speeds up to 2350 Mbps using 802.11ac wave 2
- Capable of up to 32 download and 8 upload bonded channels
- Compatible with major US cable providers such as XFINITY, Cox, Charter
- Compatible with all speed tiers less than 1 Gb
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6
- 2 Year Limited Warranty
- **If your model includes McAfee Secure Home Internet, the following features apply (unless you have disabled them)
- Secure – Protects all devices connected to your home network
- Per-User parental controls
- Customizable – Manage settings by user profile
- Block all Internet feature (come to dinner button)
- Convenient – On your home network or via the mobile app, receive real-time alerts about the security of your network and access controls for user internet access.
- FREE – All devices on your network are covered free for 3 years.
In addition to the speed and efficiency of the network, you’ll want to think about coverage features. The ARRIS Surfboard 32×8 Cable Modem uses Wi-Fi beamforming to help spread your network across a larger area, for optimal coverage.
It can spread reception of your network throughout a broad area, but the Surfboard SGB7600AC2 isn’t built to provide coverage to a massive 10,000 square foot warehouse.
It’s made to provide coverage for something closer to 3,000 square feet. Your actual coverage depends on the obstacles positioned around the router, so it can be difficult to predict with precision.
Even though it uses beamforming, to really take advantage of the best possible speeds the Surfboard can offer, you should take a moment to consider its placement.
Things to Consider
The SBG7600AC2 supports IPv4 and IPv6, covering both legacy standards and modern standards. It’s compatible with every US cable provider.
Speaking of cable providers, this is a cable modem. Consequently, it means you can only use this device to connect to cable internet providers. That might include Cox, Affinity, Comcast, and so forth.
You won’t find support for Verizon, CenturyLink, or ATT. If you decide to switch to satellite, DSL, or another non-cable technology, then you’ll need a new modem to match.
Suppose you did switch providers. You could still make use of the router portion of this device while not using the modem portion, but only in some circumstances, and only with great difficulty.
In other words, it’s a good idea to be sure you’ve married a cable internet connection before choosing a cable modem.
The ARRIS Surfboard SBG7600AC2 includes a two-year warranty. That’s about average for a router these days, and certainly, enough time to ensure you didn’t receive something that was broken.
ARRIS doesn’t have the same extensive technical support resources as brands like NETGEAR. But their consumer support is still quite formidable, and largely US-based.
Why Choose the ARRIS Surfboard SBG7600AC2?
It can be a good idea to use a router and modem combo, like the ARRIS Surfboard SBG7600AC2. If you’re someone who’s looking for something simple, it can make things simple.
It’s as easy to set up as any modern router, and it’s nearly as powerful as commercial-grade equipment.
Over the next few years, as new technologies continue to emerge, there’s really no reason to think this router will fall behind. It’s designed to adapt, change, and update for the future.
That’s possible with a combination of modern software and powerful hardware combined to create a deeply powerful cable modem/router combo.
The capabilities of that hardware are ideal for someone who expects to make pretty heavy use of their bandwidth. That makes the SGB7600AC2 a good choice for someone who expects several people on the network to be using large chunks of bandwidth, and people who have several smart-home devices connected to their router. The future-proofing is really just a cherry on top.